TresAguas Shopping Centre
TresAguas, located in Alcorcón, Madrid, opened a new centre in 2020 after an ambitious and comprehensive refurbishment process that aimed at improving the customer experience and modernising their premises.
This complex, with a built area of 217.000 sqm, consists of two buildings, one for commercial use and the other for leisure, connected by an outdoor plaza that provides circulation of air for the building but also acts as a meeting point for users. To achieve this the following work was carried out:
- Plaza, Outdoor Promenade and Walkway: The path to the new communication centres was built incorporating the garden landscaping. To improve user access to the food court, a walkaway on the terrace was built connecting Avenida San Martín de Valdeiglesias with the food court on the first floor. This also works as an outdoor area for vendors, which is why it was fitted with a canopy.
- Façades: The façades of the buildings in the Plaza were redesigned and therefore it was decided to knock down the existing structures and create new ones for the cinemas, bowling and food court.
- New main access: A new access was created by executing a new structure over the existent one as well as a double wall in the form of a curtain wall façade to create a double-height volume that visually connects interior ground floor and first floor.
- Railings: Refurbishment of all the railings, replacing with new ones made of glass allowing a greater panoramic view of the storefronts.
- Food Court: Comprehensive refurbishment and new image renewing finishes and creating new kiosks.
- Store Fronts: Renewed and unified.
- Toilets: Comprehensive refurbishment on the first-floor toilets.
- SAS: works on flooring, vertical walls and lighting to make accesses more attractive from the underground parking.
Works without disruptions
The biggest challenge for our team was to execute works of €8.8M in 9 months while the shopping centre was open and in operation and without any closures.
Meeting cost and schedule targets
By monitoring the execution from the control of supplies to its commissioning on site, updating the planning and overlapping tasks to optimize time and costs.
The management and coordination of the different participants in the project has been key for the unforeseen events arising from a refurbishment of this type have the least possible impact on time and costs.