The Peninsula Hotel in Paris
Setting new standards in hotel design, luxury and comfort.
Gleeds was appointed on the full renovation and restructuring of the former Kléber conference centre in Paris, to create the world famous Peninsula Hotel. The Peninsula houses 200 luxurious rooms, including 34 suites, which are amongst the most spectacular in the city. It also houses:
- 900m² of restaurants including a panoramic dining room
- 2,500m² area for the spa, gym and swimming pool
- 31,000m² of internal floor area and a new basement car park
6 years in the making
Some of the country’s finest artisans were hand-picked to undertake the stunning restoration. From the building’s façade to interior elements including fine marble, rich wood panelling and gold leaf finishing, the result is the ultimate in French craftsmanship.
Knowledge of the luxury hotel market
Working with both the owner and operator, Gleeds played a vital client support role. We used our knowledge of the luxury hotel market to provide benchmark figures and provided a strong team on site to keep a measure of control.
- Supported our client’s own cost-control team to ensure payments were properly verified
- Defended our client’s interests under difficult circumstances during procurement
- Provided estimates during claim negotiations to combat high pricing
- Negotiated an average of 20% reduction on the original contractor’s pricing
In addition we were involved in the procurement of all furniture, fixtures and equipment. This included an 80% scale model of the "White Bird" aeroplane which made the first attempted crossing of the Atlantic. The scale model is suspended externally from the 7th floor of the hotel looking onto the panoramic restaurant.
workers were involved in the renovation