BAE Systems Ltd – Framework Agreement Delivering New Build, Refurbishments and Infrastructure Projects
Gleeds has worked with BAE Systems Ltd for 20+ years.
- Runway resurfacing repairs
- Hangar construction and refurbishments
- Testing and training facilities
- National support centre
- Other miscellaneous facilities
We have developed specific techniques and systems to assist, at the outset of the development, in modelling the capital costs and drive focus in cost reduction opportunities.
- Reduced operational costs for refurbishment schemes ensure capital values are recovered within 5-7 years
- Programme reductions via pro-active stakeholder communication and management
- Robust project delivery – surety of time, cost and quality by working in collaboration
- Client and consultant knowledge sharing generating business benefit
- Savings to BAE Systems which is equivalent to at least 300% of Gleeds’ annual fees
- Delivered 29 projects over the last 5 years all within programme and budget
- 20+ projects now in feasibility and capital business
- Wide use of 10+ PM’s and sector specialists to deliver a wide range of projects covering all requirements including manufacturing, airside, offices, support service facilities and hangars
Added value and success
- 20 year relationship
- True partnership working jointly building upon previous knowledge and experience to deliver project upon project performance improvement
- Successful second term reappointment to the global framework
- Variations on projects typically less than 4% and all within contingency provisions
- Zero claims received from contractors
GLEEDS ENGAGEMENT ON PAST AND PRESENT BAE SYSTEMS FRAMEWORK
1999 - BAE Samlesbury/Warton
2007 - BAE Systems Barrow – central assembly shop
2010 - BAE Systems Barrow Site - redevelopment programme
2011 - BAE Systems Barrow Site – estimating on SRP phase 2
2014 - BAE Systems Marine, Barrow Site – quantity surveying and project management Framework
2014 - BAE Systems Air – Filton Airfield masterplan – cost manager services for site redevelopment
2015 - BAE Systems Faslane – properties limited southern project framework
2016 - BAE Systems Barrow Site – astute submarine programme, cost management
2017 - Cammell Lairds on behalf of BAE Systems – astute submarine programme
2018 - BAE Systems Barrow Site and Cammell Lairds – dreadnought procurement and strategic manufacturing
Submarine Build Programmes, Barrow in Furness, UK
Gleeds provides pre and post contract services on the astute and dreadnought submarine build programmes. We provide commercial support including, procurement/ contract strategy, ITT, contract award and post contract administration. Recently we have been supporting the dreadnought project manager with commercial support as rolled out on the astute programme.
Offsite – Strategic Manufacturing, Birkenhead, UK
Gleeds supports BAE Systems to gain control of spend and monitor progress and cost reporting going forward at a site remote from their established fabrication facilities. Gleeds supported BAE in resolving significant areas of cost dispute and rebuilding relations. More recently Gleeds has provided commercial support on the offsite strategic manufacturing on the dreadnought jig and modules programmes of work.
Sitewide Redevelopment, Barrow In Furness, UK
Works to transform the site in Barrow in Furness to accommodate the construction of future submarine build programmes. Gleeds provides estimating, procurement, contract strategy to contract award and project close-out. Works include: new build fabrication facilities, assembly shop upgrades, building refurbishments, nuclear berth support, shiplift and transfer, dock water level raising.
608 and 609 Buildings, Samlesbury, Preston, UK
Construction of two linked office buildings totalling over 100,000ft² each. Phase 1 - 608 building will deliver a multi-storey, flexible office building together with laboratory accommodation. The project includes the diversion of existing infrastructure and installation of new roadways, car park and landscaping. The site is situated within the secure confines of the MOD site in Samlesbury.
Devonshire Dock Quay and Nuclear Berthing Support, Barrow in Furness, UK
Gleeds provides full pre and post contract services in support of the devonshire dock quay and nuclear berthing support within a nuclear site boundary.
New Facility, OMAN
Gleeds provided quantity surveying services to create typhoon support facilities at Airbase Sultanate of Oman. The buildings comprised of hangars - support accommodation and stores. Paramount to the success of the project was the integration of arange of disciplines and flexibility and patience to achieve delivery.